Every part of an MB HANA Chime is weather protected. Over time, however, those layers of protection can begin to wear. Here are some simple maintenance tips to give your chimes the longest possible life:
MB HANA Chimes tubes are made of aluminum that will not rust when exposed to the elements. However, over time, the aluminum may show pitting as a result of environmental factors. Please note this will not affect the beautiful tones of your chimes. If necessary, use mild soap and water (or a foaming, non-abrasive cleanser) to clean the tubes.
Periodically, apply a thin layer of exterior use Danish or lemon oil with a clean cloth to the wood parts. Regular oiling will help protect the wood and retard the natural aging process.
To extend the life of your wind chimes and enjoy them for years to come:
- Hang your chime in an area protected from long term direct sunlight and heavy winds. Good locations include under a porch overhang or in a shady tree.
- Bring your chimes in during extreme weather or windstorms.
- If you live in the north, bring your chimes in during the harsh winter months and store it in an unheated area, such as a shed or garage.
- Periodically wipe it off with a damp cloth and mild detergent to remove any dirt or mold.
- In the spring, provide added weather protection by applying a coat of varnish on your chime (you’ll want to wipe off the chime before doing this!)
MB HANA Chimes ordered through Amazon.com are covered by Amazon Policies for refunds, exchanges and returns. In most cases, items shipped from Amazon.com can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment. Contact Amazon Customer Service directly during the first 30 days.
MB HANA offers extended coverage for chimes registered using the form above. For chimes that show manufacturer defects when used as intended, MB HANA will replace them up to 90 days after receipt. If you need to return a product between 30 and 90 days after receipt, email email@example.com for instructions.